Sunday, June 5, 2011

So Excited!!

Lots of fun things have been happening lately. How do I fit it all in one post?

To start, I got accepted into an amazing group called the 'Artisan Group' that participates in the 'gift lounges' for Celebrities after things like the Oscars and the Emmy Awards. I just presented them with some of my jewelry from my 'Victorian Romance' Collection which is a growing collection of street wear and urban jewelry with a Victorian and Vintage feel.


By



At the time they were full up on reservations for the Primetime Emmy Awards in September, but turns out a few weeks later they had a few spots open for people to submit their business cards for the swag bags the celebrities receive as gifts. So I have reserved a spot, and as we speak some wonderful new business cards are being designed just for this occassion - except I love the design sooo much that I think it will become my main business card too! Who knows, perhaps even a banner!

Secondly, I have an amazing, AMAZING dog named Tasha. I submitted a photo with Sympatico and explained a little bit about why she's so amazing and she's been nominated as one of the dogs they'll consider for a spot, and so I've got work to do in filling out a questionnaire and finding a pretty picture of the two of us. This is the picture I've selected, and hopefully it is a seller!!


Tasha and Me


And lastly, in relation to the wonderful business card being made for me, I had to use a flat white background...and my new LED portable lights that I'll be using at the venue made such great photos. Some could use some brightening still, but they look lovely.

The real trick?

I discovered this FASCINATING online photo uploader called Picnik which you can use to edit your photos. It has auto-fix options which work WONDERS! I have amazing photos now for my shop. So beautiful, I just have to show them off!

And don't forget, these lovelies are ALL going to the venue this weekend where hundreds of people will be pawing and drooling over singers and crafters, so if there is anything you have had your eye on - you better buy it this week before the 11th. Who knows if it will be coming back home with me!



by


Doesn't that image look lovely? I got lucky here with the lighting. I used two LED lights and sometimes they were hard to position, and at first I thought it was too bright...but nope, it looks AMAZING!


That's all for now. It's time to get back to work and prepare for that venue and make more listings!



2 comments:

  1. Your jewelry is absolutely lovely, can't wait to see everything in person next Saturday! :-)

    Lois (from Cookie Friday Co.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Got caffeine in those cookies to help us stay awake? ;)

    ReplyDelete