Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Countdown has begun!

It is only a few days left, and I've been working very hard the past few weeks to get myself ready for my very first Venue, and it just happens to be at an Art Studio Opening Show by invitation! Cabbagetown Festival is nearly here, and I will be at the Art Studio Opening Show just a short walk away on Sept 12th. You can find the details about it here: http://hilaryslater.weebly.com/writers-blog.html

Each day consisted of watching an hour of TV to catch up with shows that I love during the day and having breakfast with my grandfather. Afterwards with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate in hand, I head downstairs into my slave dungeon and begin my work. Everything I make has been bagged and tagged individually in the last few days and new pieces await their few minutes of fame in front of my camera.

Unfortunately the weather has been terrible. The hurricanes have brought high winds, rain and heavy clouds our way in Ontario and there are many cloudy days versus sunny days. A light box would have been great this week, but unfortunately I do not have one. My Uncle is making me one before Winter, so until then I depend on the sun.

But I have also made so much that I just can't keep up with editing and listing. My Shop has become second priority, and I am much more concerned about remember everything I need to bring. As long as I remember to bring myself and my jewelry pieces, I think I can manage!

Some pieces that I'm proud of? Well, I've really dove into the idea of bookmarks and keychains, and soon hope to create some belly button rings. It would have been nice to have some fall items, but I realized rather quickly I do not have orange, but I am still proud of these.


This is the "Love You" Keychain with coral chips, deep red stone, light Siam and Fire Opal Swarovski Crystals. The charms are antique silver and it has such a warm feeling to it that it is hard not to keep it for myself. In fact all my jewelry is. I wish I had a boyfriend right now, I'd make him buy it for me if I wasn't the one who made it! =p



This is the "Black Rose" Bookmark. I think it matches perfectly with all those Vampire Novels pouring out of the Bookstores. The Antique Silver fish hook matches really well too. I just happened to have this Resin Rose Pendant and a Rose engraved Fish Hook. I was a little stumped on how exactly I wanted to piece this together. I ended up adding the Deep Red Stone in the middle of the chain for a finished look.

I have been told I have an eye for balance. But I wish I had that eye in my drawing as I always tend to draw my eyes off kilter. 

Oh well. I will set aside the dream to paint fairies for now and focus more on my Jewelry.

The next couple of days though, I'm taking some time for me and doing the last final checks and other things on my preparation list. 

Especially since I crafted until I ran out of supplies! :D

Hope I will see some of you at the Art Studio Opening Show! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment